Get Tooth Fillings In Santa Monica CA
White Tooth fillings is of the most common ways of helping with the wear and tear of teeth over time, as well as the effects of tooth decay. A white dental filling is a dental restorative material used to restore the function, integrity and morphology of missing tooth structure. The structural loss typically results from caries or external trauma. To treat a cavity our specialised dentists in Santa Monica will remove the decayed portion of the tooth and then "fill" the area on the tooth where the decayed material was. We use tooth-like white filling materials for dental fillings that are both safe & predictable and they look & react like natural teeth.
Benfits Of White Teeth Fillings
- Less removal of the tooth’s structure is required with composite fillings.
- Mercury-free – Mercury is present in metal fillings, which may potentially pose a health risk for certain patients. White fillings are completely mercury-free.
- It’s kinder to the soft tissue than gold or silver amalgams.
- A white filing is a good choice when the decay is minor. Since it’s contained within a tooth (as opposed to taking over an entire side or section of a tooth), it doesn’t encounter much force.
- White fillings are directly bonded to your tooth using a curing light, making them less likely to come loose or fall out over time. The bond also prevents decay from occurring between the filling and the tooth.